FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - City National Bank Crystal Visa Infinite (USA); NY GA TN NV CA MA DC & MN
Old Nov 8, 2018, 8:30 am
dukerau

Programs: AA, UA, BA, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by FrequentFlyer9000
Is there consensus on the best value for redeeming points? A search through the merchandise section shows the best you can do is .83 cents per point for cash (e.g., 12,000 pts for $100). Or in travel, I noticed that compared to Google Flights the equivalent flights were about 7-15% more expensive via the travel portal, meaning, around .93 cents per point for travel (assuming that 100 pts can be used for $1 of travel, which I cannot test as I have 0 points at the moment).

Is the above roughly accurate or is there a better option at 1 cpp or better? Thanks.
I'm pretty new to CNB as well, but I do have points so I can see the valuations. For a run-of-the-mill domestic round trip I'm looking at, AA charges $422.90 while CNB charges $450.59 (6.55% more). In points, CNB charges 33,378, which is a 1.35 cpp redemption against CNB's $450.59 price, or 1.27 cpp against the true $422.90 price. So even with the questionable cash premium, it definitely beats the cash option by a longshot.