FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Paris, France
View Single Post
Old Nov 8, 2018, 3:42 am
Kacee
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Polytonic
The past couple of posts seem to recommend the Renaissance Republique; for the timeframe I'm looking at in mid-February, it's approx. $261 (USD)/night -- is that in a good neighborhood for exploring, doing the touristy stuff, etc.? Proximity to public transit a plus.

Would say, the Westin or the W be worth a $100-150/night premium? Are there any other properties I should be considering? Budget is flexible, up to ~$400/night or so.
Identifying a "good" neighborhood in Paris is highly subjective because they have such different feels.

For a first time visitor, the Westin is considerably more centrally located than the Republique in terms of major tourist sites. Whether that's worth the extra money (and being located in an area that's more touristy and has less of a local feel), really depends on personal preferences.

I personally wouldn't feel great about paying $400/night in February if that's what the Westin is charging.