FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Deerfield (Illinois - N Chicago) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Nov 7, 2018, 1:45 pm
jameswes

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Quick update for anyone following along at home:
I'm with @sdadept: I feel like they try hard to recognize globalist status.
- They always give me drink coupons for the bar (1/person/day. Even for kids, which they love the ginger beer or mocktails).
- It's a little annoying that you use coupons for breakfast, BUT I've never been charged for an extra even if I didn't have enough coupons.
- Breakfast is decent. They're even willing to make Starbucks beverages to go with breakfast (and included in your "free" Globalist breakfast).
- I also concur that they have a lot of the same breakfast and bar staff. I've been there ~5 times in the last year, and some of the staff remembers me from the visits.
- They also generally put me in one of the larger rooms (ALL of the rooms are larger than average, and they very little inventory of actual "suites").
- The hotel has definitely been showing its age. During a prior stay I literally tripped on the carpet in the hallway a few times because it was bunching up.
- Also, if you're ever there for longer stays, you can get points/movies/credits for declining housekeeping. Which is certainly a nice little bonus.

But, the BIG news - they have a renovation of the 6th floor starting this week! The designs look really nice,and it looks like they're going to have a number of larger suites, as well as 2br and 3br.
One half (south) should be done in ~February, then they'll start on the second half finishing ~May. So hopefully by this summer they should have a good selection of suites available for upgrades.