FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - making another reservation but another person paying for it,
Old Nov 7, 2018, 7:40 am
RogerD408
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by BB8Dreamliner
Hi, I'm planning a stay in Westin Boston with my sister's family, and my sister was planning to pay for it. When i tried to book using my rewards account and I put my sister's card and name it wouldn't let me. How would i go around this? can i book a reservation under my name, but the other guest paying for it?
Are you booking an advanced purchase rate? If not, go ahead and book the stay with your card and have your sister pay down (NOT PAY OFF) the folio the night before check out. Then check out leaving the balance on your card. Some properties get to be sticklers with the member having to pay for the room to get credit per the T&Cs. If your payment is the last one on the folio, you should be good.

If you are doing an AP rate, then maybe book with your card and ask your sister to pay you or directly to your CC?