FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flight From Hell [BA2036 MCO-LGW delayed then diverted to JFK]
Old Nov 7, 2018, 1:26 am
LTN Phobia
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by botham

My extended family were caught up in the BA IT failure, but didn’t keep all their receipts, not realising that they might get reimbursed. Easily done when stressed.
They should still be able to claim it back. If they do need the receipts (I am not 100% certain it would be required but it becomes a much clearer case if they had them), hotels can usually issue a duplicate invoice/receipt on request, and for other expenses a credit card/bank statement showing a transaction on a particular date at a particular location that matches the disruption should work.

Originally Posted by peck

I'm sorry, but all of the above is entirely your choice and completely under your control. If it is impacting your health that badly, please just stop!
Where did I say any issues were caused by travelling? I was on a receiving end of a rather snide comment about travelling in F so I was simply explaining why I end up needing to travel in F, and also needed to comment that not everything might be how it appears to be, i.e. not that I sit here doing nothing and spend a vast fortune on travelling for my pleasure. There are things called moral obligations that I feel I must perform too. Not that it matters to anyone else one bit, but I do not particularly wish to tolerate a snide remark full of assumptions and keep quiet.

Last edited by LTN Phobia; Nov 7, 2018 at 1:38 am