FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Recommendation for Kruger NP day visit
View Single Post
Old Nov 6, 2018, 6:31 am
invisible

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
First of all, thank for such a detailed answer. We are staying 4 nights, one day is for Panorama Route. So unless there is something else we should see outside of Kruger, we potentially can dedicate three whole days for day trips.

One such day would be to go to Lower Sabie and come back. Second - drive west and exit Melelane gate.

I would really appropriate if you can advise on additional route option for above mentioned drives and for the third day, as well what should we pack with us in addition to sandwiches, water, binoculars and insect repellent. In terms of food - does it worth/makes sense to have lunch at one of rest camps and if yes, which place is recommended?

One more question - any opinion about sunrise guided walks? Brief check of Parks web site shows that they are available only for people who stay at the park and price is definitely not cheap - it is more expensive than entrance fee.

Anything else we should take into consideration? If there are recommended places for dinner too - I'd be glad to hear. I know that BBQ is SA's national pastime but I doubt that after 12h we are going to have enough energy for this...