FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Boycott Paid Stays Until CS & IT issues Fixed
Old Nov 6, 2018, 1:10 am
SHLTP

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Well, Marriott's revenue dropped and stock plummeted last night. I guess I am not the only member who is boycotting paid stays/ moving nights away despite execs calling us at the fringe... And the apologists here who needle needlessly people like me.

The problem is not the technical issues (that obviously was not planned for) but total lack of service recovery. No sane person gets upset when there is a little problem with aircon or food but in the service recovery or lack thereof.

I feel like...

I go into Marriott restaurant and order a pepperoni pizza

1 hour later no pizza arrives, so I ask different waiter as first one nowhere to be found. He says he has no record of order and blames me for not checking computer/ asking for copy of order. Did you really order he asks accusingly.

Retakes order. 2 mins later he comes back, says he lost order, does not apologize and tells me to re-order. Shrugs.

30 minutes later a burger comes. When I tell waiter I ordered a pepperoni pizza he shrugs again, says no record, and says he will re-order.

30 mins later I find another waiter who retakes order. When I tell manager this is ridiculous he says most people in restaurant are ok so what's my problem.

A fat man in the corner yells at me and tells me Marriott is better than Apple pie.

15 mins later another
waiter brings an anchovvy pizza. I object and said I ordered pepperoni. He shrugs and says it is the software's fault, that he can't fix it and I should go to another restaurant across town owned by the same group to ask in person how to fix because neither he nor the manager nor the cook know what to do.

He also blames some old woman named Marsha too for the problems.

Being loyal to Marriott, I trudge outside to go to other restaurant. While going I notice Pizza Hut.

Might not be as gourmet as Marriott Pizza and I might not get a free ice cream dessert. But the Pizza comes quick and with proper order. And there is a smiling server. I pay for Tiramisu and like it.

I am happy.

The fat man in the corner yells at me I will be back at the Marriott restaurant in the future while he laps up a free buck's worth of ice cream. Another drooling lad drenched in sweat babbles that Marriott is best because he has a personal ambassador to make sure he gets salt every meal.

I look around. I see Pizza Hut. Next door I see Jean George, Nobu and another Michelin starred Italian restaurant serving fabulous Pizza.

I look at the fat man, the prickly salt lover doused in sweat and the clueless manager at Marriott. I say goodbye and don't look back...

Last edited by SHLTP; Nov 6, 2018 at 7:44 am