FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AAdvantage Program Changes as of Jan 2019 and EXP EQD Requirement
Old Nov 5, 2018, 3:32 pm
foxberg

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PL, SPG G, MR G, HH G, CC G, AMEX PL
Originally Posted by zzpitt
This will knock me out of EXP in 2020 as well. With travel already booked out for the rest of 2018, I'm looking at approximately 100,500 EQM and approximately $14k EQD (with $6k coming from AAviator Silver bonuses) for this year. I can't see a scenario where I go from $8k actual airfare spend up to $12k next year, so it's probably down to PlatPro for me. I agree with some of the posts above, from an domestic upgrade perspective, at least I wouldn't have to start collecting stickers again, and I'd probably be around the same spot on the list anyway relative to where I am now (albeit maybe a little lower after losing $3k in credit card bonus, but so will many others I'm sure). I think the only losses I'd even notice would be the no SWUs (which in the end, we'd probably end up using miles for an F or J award instead of paying a cash fare just to use the SWU, so probably come out ahead there), losing the free award mile reinstatement (which means we'd need more concrete plans before we booked an award) and the loss of free cheese plate when I'm flying in the back (I can dish out the $7 if I'm really hungry I guess). Being based out of PHL, unless I want to start flying Southwest or connect in Chicago (UA) or Atlanta/Detroit (Delta) on every trip, there's not like I have much choice anyway.
Almost my exact sentiment. I finished last year with 100,050 miles and over 15K EQD (6K from Aviator Silver), this year I'm looking at 100,500 and just a tad over 12K EQD (same 6K from the CC). But I'm out of NYC, so many other choices.