FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Transportation e- and paper Voucher / vouchers / "MCO" FAQ and master thread
Old Nov 5, 2018, 8:26 am
rrgg

Originally Posted by slice
I saw Lucky posted that electronic vouchers will finally be replacing paper in the coming weeks. I wonder what happens if you are currently holding a paper voucher and have residual value after using it. Will you be issued another paper voucher like always, or will you now receive an electronic?
I was confused by his post, but he was referring to vouchers issued when you reticket something. If you have a voucher from being bumped it will still be paper.

"While this is initially being rolled out next week, I’m told that the rollout will continue into 2019, so you may still come across paper vouchers over the next year. At this time airport vouchers aren’t being transitioned to electronic. For example, this means that if you’re voluntarily denied boarding on a flight, you’ll continue to receive paper vouchers that you’ll have to redeem within a year either by mailing them in or by going to an airport ticketing desk."