FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Major QRPC Changes - effective 27 May 2018
Old Nov 5, 2018, 7:43 am
xadria

Changing an existing award booking (made before enhancements)

Originally Posted by beepee
CabinBooking fee* (per sector** booked)Economy$25Business$50First$75To know how many Qmiles are required for an award ticket, visit our Qcalculator page.

* Booking fee is applicable only when issuing new award bookings on Qatar Airways flights.

**A sector is a portion/leg of a journey. For example, a journey from London - Doha - Bangkok is considered as two sectors.

● Booking fee is not applicable for changes on award bookings on Qatar Airways and partner airlines.

● Booking fee is non-refundable and excludes taxes as well as surcharges

● Effective 4th September 2018, changes are permitted with applicable change fees to all unutilized or partly utilized award tickets on Qatar Airways and partner airlines1.

● For changes on award tickets, no additional Qmiles will be collected irrespective of the date of issue.

● For promotional tickets, changes are permitted within the offer period. For changes done after the offer period, difference in Qmiles will apply.

● Other tax difference (if any) will also be applicable.

● This policy applies to all award tickets issued based on previous and/or revised Qmiles requirements.

1 For unutilized & partially used ticket, change of route within same region is permitted. For one-way travel: Only destination within the same region can be changed; origin change is not permitted. For round trip: Only turnaround point, within the same region can be changed; origin change is not permitted. Please note that sector change is not permitted for partner airline bookings.
I have an upcoming flight next week, booked from FRA to KUL with 71.250 Qmiles (before the enhancements). Now this same flight is 125,500 Qmiles. Unfortunately I can't make the flight next week and want to change it to Jan/Feb 2019 (no exact date known yet). According to the T&C stated above it should be possible for me to change this ticket without any trouble. Knowing QR for some time, I have some doubts about it. I would also prefer to leave the ticket open and decide later next year, when and how to use it.

Does anyone have some experience and/or advice on what to expect.