FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Premium Suite definition
View Single Post
Old Nov 4, 2018, 11:30 pm
joecool1885

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by Peatisback
I have several upcoming reservations where I've paid to upgrade to a premium suite or have a standard suite at the cash + 6,000 pts/night rate.
I called to try and change these reservations to premium suites at 9,000 pts/night.
No luck at the following properties:
Andaz Maui
Hyatt Aruba
Hyatt Baha Mar

Concierge told me there is a separate 'marketplace' for these suites and participation is decided at the property level.
Additionally, only the suite one level above the standard suite is eligible for the 'premium' award.
YMMV
Can't speak to Hyatt Aruba or Baha Mar, but my understanding of Andaz Maui is that they've been stingy in award redemptions since they opened.

Originally Posted by hailstorm
Not sure you understand.

In the past, both Grand Executive King and Grand Executive Twin were available for standard suite upgrades.

Then they eliminated the Twin. Only the Grand Executive King could be used for standard suite upgrade.

Now they are saying that the Grand Executive King is both a standard suite upgrade and a premium suite upgrade. No other suites apply for either.

How does one leverage this as a huge win?

Interesting. Both Grand Suite and Grand Executive King are listed as "standard". Grand Executive Twin listed as premium. Diplomat also listed as Premium.

Not sure this is the best base-line for judging the whole program though. The difference in them all seems negligible, both in size, amenity, and price.