FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - It's Good to be Gold...
View Single Post
Old Nov 4, 2018, 7:51 pm
Daitheflu84

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by HornsKeith
I'm almost exclusively international travel (TATL typically) and find GM to be the sweet spot with Delta flying. Lounge access to shower either before your overnight flight or when you just landed from a 10+ daytime flight, free SDS when your flight lands early and you want a shot at getting home 2+ hours earlier. This last part is anecdotal, but it seems to our office that the upgrade offers to J during OLCI seem to largely go to STE+ people. But YMMV.

Keith
This is good info, thanks. I was wondering about the benefits of being GM/PM with international travel, as it seems that the C+ upgrades are pretty rare on TPAC and TATL flights. But the lounge certainly sounds like a potentially nice bonus to us lowly STE+ fliers!

This might be worth a different thread, but what DO most of you do for international travel? Just buy coach and hope you get a unicorn (op-up) or use a GUC (for the DMs here)? I'll probably be flying internationally 3-4 times in 2019 and the prospect of 12-14 hours in Main Cabin is not appealing. And while a $5K Delta One fare wouldnt kill me, I probably wouldn't splurge for that more than once, MAYBE twice a year. Are there any good options aside from these? Is this where PE sort of fills the gap on International flying?