FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New BA Routes 2018: Durban, KwaZulu-Natal (DUR)
Old Nov 4, 2018, 4:23 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by BA235
Thank you for posting what I assume is the menu from the return trip. I’m on the similarly timed day flight back from Joburg soon and I was vaguely curious as to what would be served, hoping it wouldn’t be breakfast and afternoon tea.
What was the food like? I’ve always been distinctly underwhelmed by the quality of the food ex-South Africa.
I'm still uploading photos, so it will probably be tomorrow before the first few posts are tidied up. I hadn't realised that BA50 (JNB-LHR) has nearly identical timings to BA42 (DUR-LHR), which is one of the furthest day time flights operated by BA (BKK is 50 miles longer than DUR, PVG is 150 miles shorter). But on the DUR-LHR service it's a full breakfast and full dinner service on the new CW menu format. I enjoyed the food, but the issue isn't so much the country, as the kitchen allocated for the service. I don't know, but I guess BA had to create a kitchen arrangement at DUR since there are very few other international service departing that airport, EK being the only longhaul. So that may well make it different to JNB and CPT.