FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Many luxury hotels in London with weak gyms?
Old Nov 3, 2018, 3:30 pm
YVRYEGYVR

Programs: E35K, FPC Platinum
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
You are on holiday!

maybe fixate on the many and varied things to do in London that spinning on a bike in a pool that you can soon catch up on when back home.

unless you are an Olympic athlete you don’t need to exercise every day in the same way as you’d do at home.
Its easy to say, but I'm still pretty adamant to want good facilities where I'm staying, so there's no excuse to not get 30min of cardio in a day. If I had to leave the hotel, tube to a gym, change/etc pre-post work out, a simple workout becomes a 2hr time commitment which would impact ability to see all the sights.

I think the mindset is just to take whatever cardio the small gyms would make available, and do a couple of classes if that doesn't feel like enough.

I know we are on a holiday... but my diet when I'm not on a holiday, isn't much different (lots of calories in), hence need to ensure good calories burned.
Originally Posted by Ldnn1

Thats true, although there a number of good luxury hotels around St Pancras and Liverpool Street stations, both of which have very quick train service to Startford. And of course anywhere on the Jubilee or Central Line is easy.

It is also easily rideable on Santander Cycles - I often do this from N1.

The Olympic Park is certainly worth a visit for anyone staying in london for a few days.
The olympic park does look nice and worth visiting to swim. Thanks