FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Should we protect ourself with ESTA if reroute?
Old Nov 3, 2018, 11:21 am
steveggetit

Programs: BA Silver / Aegean
Should we protect ourself with ESTA if reroute?

Let me start.

I booked a holiday thru a travel agent to Jamaica when the Upper Class discount cheap sales were on at Xmas last year.

My wife & I am going next Sunday to Montego Bay! 2 weeks in Negril, cannot wait.

We have experienced other BA customers being denied Boarding & downgraded to WTP when we went to St Lucia last in First. I don't want that experience but realise they may be no control with Virgin.

I have no status on Virgin & flight appears full. Twilight Check in seems possible from Gatwick Saturday nite before as we are staying in the Sofitel beforehand!

Should I sign up with Virgin miles given its only a holiday flight to help protect !

What do we do at Gatwick if subsequently downgraded to PE which has space?

There appears to be a Business Virgin flight thru Kennedy with an overnight in NYC before an onward connection with Delta to MBJ. It does mean we Arrive in resort an afternoon later. Does that qualify for EU261 if downgraded but refused for a reroute? I'm a BA member and they are always good from Africa in this area.

Business Class is part of the experience, should I insist on that option, and how long to ESTA's take usually if at Gatwick Virgin play hardball cause I'vre bought a cheap TA ticket deal with a Holiday?

Experience advice needed.

Steve & Anne

Cheers