FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Seattle Runway Construction
View Single Post
Old Nov 2, 2018, 10:34 pm
Legend717

Programs: CO - Onepass Gold Elite--> UA - MileagePlus Gold Premier--> Silver --> AS - MileagePlan MVPGOLD!
Originally Posted by dmodemd
We had this happen to us on a Skywest E175 DAL-SEA with about an hour delay. I was up front and could hear the cockpit conversations. Pilots became aware of this delay shortly after boarding started. After everyone was boarded they made the decision to let everyone get off, even though they would have to re-board in about 20 minutes. It was a nice break and re-boarding went smoothly. Our wheels up time did stick to that time. We spent about 10 minutes in the penalty box before that time so it was held firm.

I have not had the ground stops if Seattle weather is perfect, but any periods of low ceilings during the day triggers the longer ground stops it appears. This is supposed to be wrapped up in December... not sure exactly when. I do see the work on the taxiway (forcing closure of the runway) being constant and making good progress, so I am hoping the pain ends sooner.
It surprises me that they let you guys de-board; gate utilization at DAL is pretty tight, and I routinely watch planes come in and wait in the alley for 13 or 15 to open up!

I have actually had ZERO delays in/out of Seattle so far this year. Maybe I'm just traveling during lulls in the daily traffic patterns. I hope it continues, because I booked a multi-airline connection there during the holidays. Which, as I type that, I now realize was a stoopid plan!