FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Boycott Paid Stays Until CS & IT issues Fixed
Old Nov 2, 2018, 10:42 am
Newman

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by bhrubin

I didn’t list only my amazing stays. I listed every single stay I’ve had since the Aug 18 merger. Every single stay I’ve had since the merger has been pretty excellent. Including the Courtyard. I can’t help that my stay record doesn’t work well for the narrative you otherwise might prefer.

Rat race? Hardly. I’m at 9 years Platinum status. Only the 5 nights at the Courtyard Irvine John Wayne count towards the mere 15 legacy Marriott nights I require for my 10th year of Platinum status.

There are glitches in the IT. There are fewer rooms available for the standard awards than people realize. Not every hotel had changed its IT settings to match the new flawed Marriott IT. Those are the answers. It isn’t a conspiracy. If it weren’t for the cheaper award rates and the fact that SPG and Marriott merged in the first place, no one would care. That’s the unfortunate answer.

There are IT fails in the newly merged system. Go figure. The merger was massive. If the worst is that you can’t book a property like Suiran amidst the 6700 properties available, then don’t book that property. It has but 39 rooms, so I can imagine the IT glitch is most likely and pronounced for such a tiny property. Booking somewhere else or booking away from Marriott—same result. But not being able to book an award room at Suiran isn’t necessarily a glitch.
​​​

Sounds to me like you shouldn’t boycott but should switch away from Marriott. Describing to us all that might go wrong doesn’t sound like a waste of time at all.

So switching to Hilton or another hotel group should solve that problem for you. Trying to take everyone else with you doesn’t solve that problem for anyone else but you. I am not experiencing anything at all like you describe. Nor are most people based on their descriptions herein.

+1 million.

The OP is a constant whiner and complainer. He does this on every Marriott thread. Makes one wonder what he was thinking. A merger of this size would go perfectly smoothly? Of course there are bumps in the road. Nothing at all like the problems with the United/Continental merger. NOTHING.

We are only about 2 months post-merger. My experience is the same as BHRubin's. I continue to get upgrades due to my status. The IT problems I've encountered are negligible. Sadly, the chronic kvetchers are the ones that are the most vocal.

As you say, boycotting will never resolve all of the OP's issues. Once the IT problems are resolved, he'll find something else to whine about. People like that are never happy and can never be pleased. Marriott shouldn't waste its time trying to deal with their concerns. It's useless.

He needs to find himself a different hotel chain. And I suspect he's be back dealing with Marriott very soon..

Newman

Last edited by Newman; Nov 2, 2018 at 3:14 pm