FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021
Old Nov 2, 2018, 9:51 am
jackal
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by eastindywalrus
Ah, efficiency with the large pages. That's smart. If anyone asks, I was here on page 1. Aww yeah.
It's a little less meaningful nowadays with the advent of Infinite Scroll (and yes, I like it), but in the olden days, having to click and wait while the page reloaded (especially back in the days of slow database access) was the pinnacle of IT annoyance, so discovering the 40-posts-per-page setting was a Godsend.

I have a friend who intentionally sets his to 15 posts per page and I truly can't fathom being that constricted. (He's even less patient than me, which I didn't think was possible, but somehow he has the fortitude to click and wait nearly three times as often as I do.) I have another friend who has his post order set backwards (as in, the most recent post first). Reading a blog in reverse-chronological order makes sense, but a discussion thread??! I can't even. Heck, I can't even even.

There is objectively a right way to read FlyerTalk, dangit--mine!

I think neither of said friends reads this thread, but I'm sure I'll hear about it soon enough if they do...