FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LCY-KEF stopping at PIK to refuel today
View Single Post
Old Nov 2, 2018, 3:05 am
BertieBadger

Programs: BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by richardwft

..it is interesting to note ‘this is nonsense’is still there.
It’s interesting to note how these forums are moderated.
I believe that FlyerTalk rules are such that moderation policies are not a topic for open discussion, so I will not comment on those.

However, as Globaliser and george77300 have both pointed out, and which I trust is more apparent when my original comment is read in full, replies to you were about what you said and not about you. As such, they are not personal, nor do I see them as uncivilized. Imagine if you will, the following (purely hypothetical) conversation:

BertieBadger: "I'd not be surprised to find that BA never accept another RR engined plane after the Trent 1000 fiasco"

george77300: "That's total nonsense, they have both B787-10 and and A350-1000 on order with RR engines"

And for me, that's a perfectly reasonable response. It's not personal in any way - it doesn't attack me as an individual but is focused on what I wrote, and indeed since what I wrote, in fact, "total nonsense" why should someone else not point that out? If I still thought my comment was correct, I would advance my evidence and reasoning why.