FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Boycott Paid Stays Until CS & IT issues Fixed
Old Nov 2, 2018, 12:11 am
itsaboutthejourney
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Wall Street will decide what happens when MAR releases information on bookings this quarter. I have to think the IT system issues and rejection of the hurdles to book by SPG people are severe enough that there will be at least a small decline in revenue. But on the flip side, the combined website does show a lot more options at every price point in major cities and holes filled in cities that previously didn't have SPG or Marriott so that may offset any IT or program related declines.

Its going to take a while for things to settle down. Non-FT people are going to be slower to realize what has happened. Same with corporate travel reps I've spoken to, they are hearing some of our complaints but taking a measured view in the interim.

Personally, I have a lot invested in LTPP and on the property level, many of my SPG favorites are hanging in there so no reason for a full boycott. What I have done is opened my eyes and begun making bookings elsewhere on a case-by-case basis. Basically I'm still loyal, but less loyal under Marriott's poor leadership.