FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Moving/Sharing My Business/Loyalty to/with Other Airlines
Old Nov 1, 2018, 6:46 pm
BlueHenFlyer

Programs: UA GS 3Million, Marriott/SPG LIFETIME Platinum - current Titanium, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by formerstarQB16
Alaska loves to blame ATC, but I know for certain (via ATC'ers at Seattle Center) that much of their excuse in bunk. They are pushing their gate usage too high, which has a domino effect once ATC has a minor hiccup. I understand why they're doing it, but they are severely underestimating the effect it is having on both customer and employee morale. Every single flight I've had with them for the past several months results in one or two frequent flyer's openly criticizing the airline while on the plane. The flight attendants, likely because of frequent delays, have developed more of a surly demeanor. Dating back to the pilot shortage, my experience flying Alaska over the past 18 months has been abysmal..
Shocked, I'm shocked, I say, at the allegations that Alaska would blame anyone else for their misery! Clearly you've not spent enough time on the SEA-PDX shuttle where the FAs and the pilots connive to claim it's too bumpy to serve even tepid water and coffee at the same temperature. I've been on bouncier, shorter flights on Delta and UAX where they've served a full service.

I left two years ago and haven't looked back. I was worth upwards of $30K in revenue and AS didn't bat an eyelash - never bothered to even send a survey...