FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2018 -2022 LAX Connecting / Connection / Connections thread
Old Nov 1, 2018, 12:36 pm
bzcat

Programs: AA Plat, DL, AS, UA, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Doron
Thanks a lot. תודה רבה!!! (:

ontime record of LY05 is 96%(!) suprising for ELAL
It is two separate tickets... and that's what made me quite worried.
On the one hand, like the other person said: it is is plenty of time... so I am not so sure what to do.
Other flights will mean I am late to classes... but maybe I should not risk it.
Very simple, don't check your luggage. Just take a carry on and you will most likely make it. If you check luggage, your odds of making the connection go down to maybe 50% assuming you have no way to bypass normal TSA line.

Originally Posted by eethan
Say my incoming flight is 15 min late. Factor 10 - 20 min waiting and riding the direct bus from remote terminal to T4. Another 5 min walking to my gate means that in worst case I arrive at gate 20 min before departure. -whew!

Should be good right?

And it's a separate bus going direct from remote terminal to T4?
Is this on the same ticket? Both AA so if you check in at SJC, try to get boarding pass for both flights. This way at least AA knows you are on your way and they won't give away your seat until well past the last boarding call.

At the Eagle's Nest, there will be two lines for buses, one for T4 and one for T5. Just get on the T4 bus for your PVG flight (which will leave from gate 41 or 43 or TBIT)

This connection from Eagle's Nest to T4/TBIT int'l departure is made by hundreds of people everyday so I wouldn't stress out too much.