FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos
Old Nov 1, 2018, 11:50 am
george77300

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Wapps68
Just stepped off the 14.20 LHR - Vienna in CE. No menus handed out and the lunch choice (told to us by the CSM) was afternoon tea or ploughman’s. I asked the CSM why there was no menu and she said they don’t do them other than on “longer flights like Rome” (I think Vienna might be longer -not sure) and I responded that I thought this was a Band 3 flight and that in any event I thought menus were given out. She insisted no menus are given out for this band of flight. Is all of this correct?

Lunch was cold and frankly not acceptable. It was insulting that the crew then served themselves hot food. We were really looking forward to this flight (my partner is not an avgeek like me and I bigged up the experience - mistake!) and although I read this forum and know the standards are inconsistent, I didn’t expect it to happen to us given we fly only 4 or 5 times a year (I thought the chances were low). The only saving grace was the wonderful Cathay lounge at T3.

All of this said, have I got the service standards wrong?

I can't comment on service but Vienna is a Band 2 so the Crew were correct that there wasn't any menus. The menus are Bands 3 & 4 only. Rome is indeed a Band 3 so there would be menus on that flight.