FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hawaiian Airlines - Bid-Up to First Class
Old Nov 1, 2018, 11:39 am
747FC

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by CRJ200flyer
Seat maps are really not a great indication of actual supply. Many airlines, including Hawaiian, will block seats on the seat map for gate assignment only (even if they are still selling that seat). This gives gate agents some room to help solve last-minute problems like separated families, "I want a window seat", etc. In your case, looking at the GDS availability might be a better solution (via ExpertFlyer or some other source). Right now, your flight is showing as:

So there's likely one seat left in first, unless HA is overselling up front, which seems unlikely in a leisure market with a small-ish cabin, with at least seven (and probably more) left in back. So while you're unlikely to have two bids clear, as it would require someone else changing/cancelling, it never hurts to put in an offer if you're interested since you don't have to pay if you don't get it.
EF does show F1, but the seat map shows all filled. I do believe HA does oversell F, but I may be wrong.

Originally Posted by ShinyO
Thanks! I was hoping someone might have a better idea of actual availability (I’d forgotten the name of the service - expertflyer). I did put in the minimum bid since there’s no harm in it if I don’t win it, though it seems unlikely with one seat left.
No harm at all.