FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Current Delta Account hacking - some Delta recommendations
Old Nov 1, 2018, 10:31 am
ShopAround

Programs: DL PM MM SC; GE; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by SDQBound
The biggest problem here affecting not only Delta accounts but virtually any other online account is the password reuse. With many Gigabytes of leaked passwords from major websites available online, cybercriminals are using a try and error method with these leaked credentials and often they are successful.
That's a very good point. I used to re-use passwords on multiple websites. Then a few years ago, one of my accounts got hacked - nothing big, it was an online shopping website and I immediately got an email and was able to void the transaction (the thief ordered a gift card but neglected to change the email address on the account, so I knew as soon as the transaction was complete). I started going through all the websites where I'd used the same email and password and changed them all (and deleted any cc details on file, so even if I was hacked again, there would be no card for the thief to use).

Now I never, ever use the same password twice and thankfully, haven't been hacked since.