FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Current Delta Account hacking - some Delta recommendations
Old Nov 1, 2018, 10:25 am
cardsqc

Originally Posted by SDQBound
The biggest problem here affecting not only Delta accounts but virtually any other online account is the password reuse. With many Gigabytes of leaked passwords from major websites available online, cybercriminals are using a try and error method with these leaked credentials and often they are successful.
Yup, this is definitely true. I've been getting spammed lately with messages saying that they've hacked my account and are using my webcam to spy on me and they'll release pictures and stuff. The interesting thing about these spam messages is that they've included an email address and password combination as "proof" that they've hacked me, and it's indeed a combination that I've used on things I considered "low value" accounts in the past. Ironically, it also basically is proof that they didn't actually hack the computer, because that combination wouldn't do them any good for anything with that.

But there are definitely lists out there, and they're being used to try to get into sites and to convince you to pay money to people. We're well past the days when you could get away with only using a few passwords for things.