FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CSP & CSR Trip Cancellation/Delay Insurance Issues/Comments (2016 - 2019)
Old Nov 1, 2018, 9:25 am
threeoh

Originally Posted by GoSaints9
Bottom line, this is a challenging situation and I don't think anyone would knowingly act against the advice of their wife's physician and potentially put their unborn child in harm's way as in my case. Whether AA or an insurance company agrees with a physician's recs and my actions as a result of that is what needs to be called into question.
I don't think anyone (us or the insurance company) is questioning whether your actions were prudent, the question is whether the insurance company has assumed the risk of that happening.

I think they were pretty carefully excluding the risk of someone getting pregnant, and also the risk of a region of the world having a disease outbreak. They were only assuming the risk of an individual traveler getting sick or injured, etc.

As an extreme example, if a mobster came to your door and said "if you take your flight on Tuesday, I'll kill you", you would also maybe skip your flight and with good reason -- but the insurance company wasn't insuring against that.