FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Airline fee $250/$200/$100 reimbursement reports: AS only (2011-2019)
Old Nov 1, 2018, 6:21 am
bobrawski

Originally Posted by LIH Prem
Yes, in this thread.

Since you are MVPG75K you can buy a sub $100 ticket and cancel it after 24 hours with no fee, and chose to have the funds deposited to your wallet for future use. Or if you read the last page or two, there seems to be some magical mark at 23 hours or so that might work as well but bypass the wallet, and still result in reimbursable charge on the Amex, which is later credited back. (I haven't tried the latter method.)

-David
Thank you for your response. I had read the last few pages of posts and am familiar with the purchase -> wallet and the purchase -> 23rd hr cancel options, but all the examples appeared to be using Amex Plat and Gold. I didn’t want to assume that another Amex product, the Hilton Aspire, would work without hearing actual experience from others.

While it would be great to have an extra $250 in my travel wallet, if it doesn’t work, being MVPG75K, I don’t have any AS incidental chages (free checked bags, no change fees, etc.) so I’d be wasting my benefit. Before knowing about this AS option, I used a tip from TPG to buy a $100 gift card from Southwest for my Amex Gold, and it got the credit in a couple days. Don’t really want or need any more WN gift cards though.

Anyone do this recently with an Amex Hilton Aspire?