FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA/Star Alliance: 2017-2018 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed
Old Nov 1, 2018, 6:03 am
jjmoore

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Originally Posted by ktpotter4
Hi All,

Like an idiot, I booked my IAH - MAN flight on Singapore Airlines and thanks to the website malfunctioning.. my last planned flight of the year is not going to accrue miles due to Fare Class.

I'm not booked to go anywhere else for business this year and to add insult to injury - just lost my passport, so I'm domestic restricted! I'm not great at this stuff and would love some help figuring out if I can get to Charlotte NC or Atlanta this year and hit this mileage accrual. I'm UA Gold right now, all other criteria met.

Departure Airport: IAH
Miles Needed: 5660
Required Spend or Budget: $500 ideally..
Available Travel Dates: Any mid week / weekends after thanksgiving
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay:

Route(s) You've Already Searched: A few of them..
Just a random thought... call SQ and see if you can pay up to a higher fare class that will give you the needed qualifying mileage / PQD. That would eliminate your need to do an additional trip. You may be able to do it without paying a change fee.... after all, you would be giving SQ free money.