FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Moving/Sharing My Business/Loyalty to/with Other Airlines
Old Nov 1, 2018, 1:40 am
BW Flyer

Programs: AS G100K, DL PM, IHG Gold, HHonors Diamond
May be the bean counters in AS management have figured out that they can make more money selling cheapo basic economy fares to the masses who fly 2-3 times year, than trying to retain the loyalty of the much smaller crowd of elite flyers who easily spend $10K to $30K a year per person. Hence they thought why even showering that smaller crowd of elite flyers with benefits like U upgrades, They see the math, not me.

i have mentioned in other threads that I have retained G75K for 2019, but I have already shifted a lot of my flying to DL and made GM this year. Earning sky pesos and their upgrade process sucks, but they have a much better network including international routes, FA who also smiles, great seat back IFE system, and a much better PE cabin. With their expansion in SEA, that really gives us SEA-based flyers an alternative to consider, With the constant devaluation of the MP, I am pretty sure it will come down to the sky peso level within a year or two. When that happens, why do we even bother to maintain status at AS?