FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Boycott Paid Stays Until CS & IT issues Fixed
Old Nov 1, 2018, 1:33 am
ucfjoe

Programs: Avis Trump. Costco Exec. SPG PLAT PREM-90. WN A+/CP. AA SLV. Nat EE..
Originally Posted by estnet
I don't think anyone expects Marriott to "go under" BUT if people choose to boycott as an expression of their frustration it may make (albeit perhaps a small) difference in the bottom line)
OTOH if enough people who work for corporations and/or their employees ask to book away then it may have a real effect. Marriott is a for (mucho) profit enterprise - so the only thing IMO that will really influence them is the loss/decrease in corporate contracts. I get it. My dollars and 1000 nights don't matter - but if enough of us leave that could be a blip on their radar.
I know it makes me feel better to spend my money where I am treated well AND am not "peripheral noise" (a really unfortunate choice of public statement from a CEO).
didnt notice this until after I posted my last comment but yes this. Hotels have given up less and less the last few years on negotiated rates/benefits and I’ve heard from a few folks that Marriott is giving away even less this year because times are good and they know they have a very attractive footprint now, so now is the time to comvince your travel Dept to consider/demand alternatives. Obviously, if you can show a cost/benefit it will get better traction than just complaining about IT unless the corporate masses concur.