FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Moving/Sharing My Business/Loyalty to/with Other Airlines
Old Oct 31, 2018, 6:17 pm
jimmygottfredson

Programs: AA EXP, MVPG, DL Silver, United Silver, Accor Platinum, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by formerstarQB16
The final straw for me was the sudden lack of "U" availability. Without the GGU's and automatic Gold upgrade fares, MVPG provides very little value to me. Especially considering Alaska is typically non-competitive on first class fares compared to Delta. The lack of availability appears to be a choice made by Alaska management. That choice has resulted in them losing my business. I'll take Delta and their lower fares, better first class, far superior lounges, far superior route map, and ability to avoid Sea-Tac.

Very frustrating for this once proud Alaska loyalist.
This one also has me frustrated. It's a big devaluation in the program any way you slice it. This change is completely a result of a decision by Alaska management, which illustrates one or both of two things. 1) Alaska believes we won't notice or care about the change. 2) Alaska doesn't have an issue changing the value of a listed benefit during the year (with no acknowledgment of doing so). Either way, it is pretty crappy of Alaska to do.