FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Moving/Sharing My Business/Loyalty to/with Other Airlines
Old Oct 31, 2018, 2:30 pm
bbison

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat, WN A-list, AS MVP 75K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by milypan
The JL earnings chart is still pretty terrible though. For example, a deep discount economy ticket on JL earns 30% EQM, while a deep discount economy ticket on NH earns 100% PQM (when crediting to UA). Or, a discount business ticket on JL earns 70% EQM (!), while a discount business ticket on NH earns 200% PQM (on UA).
It's terrible, but the what are the UA miles worth in comparison? My last usage was DUB-SFO next summer in J cost me 55K AS miles each one way (partner) vs. 135K UA miles (own metal or partner.) 55K was 13 o/w econ trips SFO-ORD on AS. Easily double that many trips on UA for 55k RDM, about 5x to make 135k.

I appreciate the discussion here, as an SFO/SJC flyer with high status on UA/AS I'm still undecided about what to do in 2019. If you had asked me that in August I'd have laughed at the thought of flying UA heavily again next year. Laughed! AS had won the battle, right up until they didn't.