FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DYKWIA | 2018 edition
View Single Post
Old Oct 31, 2018, 1:28 pm
Fraser
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Originally Posted by LCY8737
Probably not "DYKWIA" but possibly a little anti social: Gentlemen in the B gates departures lift pressing frantically the "doors close" button and getting visibly upset about the number of people still getting in, with the doors attempting twice to close, until to be interrupted by yet another waving arm. As the doors are finally closed nothing moves. He had forgotten to press the floor button.
Bless him, he clearly doesn't know the trick to stop the doors being opened again once they're closing.

Originally Posted by billyb750
Erroneously showed my CE boarding pass for the AMS flight, which was sternly dismissed by the attendant with an “I am sorry sir, this lounge is reserved for our first class ticket holders; the lounge you can use is our Galleries Club lounge which is located over there” [emphasis added on the ‘over there’].
Can't say I blame the guardian entirely, I'd say close to half the time when clearing South Security you'll see someone arguing the toss over entry.