FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - HGVC Ocean Tower is Now Open, but it shouldn't be.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 12:19 pm
pinniped
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Cledaybuck
That wasn't my experience. When I was looking for places this past summer, this was one of the cheapest resorts on this part of the island.
Interesting, I just did some random quotes right now and found a bunch of cheap rates for the different parts of HWV. When I had looked a year ago (for March) the rates were very high, but then we settled on the Marriott Travel Package at the MVCI, getting ourselves a 1-br suite and taking the cash rate out of the mix. HWV was $350-400/nt., just as high as Marriott's Mauna Kea which is a fantastic much more upscale resort.

So maybe I just hit it at an unusual time. Stay there tonight for $144!! (Plus taxes and fees of course...)

Whatever happens, I ultimately hope the property remains a Hilton and their renovations indicate a desire to keep the property up-to-date. It is a very cool destination.