FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017-2019
Old Oct 31, 2018, 7:41 am
mdcubsfan

Hope this is the best forum for my question -

Last night I applied for a Chase Sapphire Reserve and was denied. When I called the reconsideration line this AM, they said I was automatically denied because I previously had a sapphire product. They said I previously had the CSR and earned the bonus offer 12.31.15. They said it was a one time offer and that I could not qualify or apply again. They said it had to be 24 months or more. I kept telling the representative 2015 to now is more than 24 months but she kept saying my application was within 24 months. Talking to her was like beating my head against a wall.

Then I asked if I could qualify for the card without a bonus offer and she said no, as the card automatically comes with a bonus offer and since i've had one before I wouldn't qualify again and can't apply again and can't qualify again.

So I asked her, once I've had this card and cancel, I can basically never come back to it?

She said for the time being, yes.

Anyone else have this issue before? So frustrating - I just want the CSR to be able to use the portal as I've migrated most business spending to the ink unlimited.

Thanks!