FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Double claim under EC 261/2004?
View Single Post
Old Oct 31, 2018, 7:32 am
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by kate b
I recently traveled from Athens to Birminham on SAS with a connection through Copenhagen.

Day 1. ATH-CPH flight cancelled due to mechanical reasons. Then rebooked on same flight the following day.

Day 2. ATH-CPH flight delayed by six hours due to mechanical reasons again (vehicle scraped aircraft, had to be repaired) I arrived at BHX 48 hours late

I was advised to file two seperate claims under EC 261/2004.

I filed a claim for compensation for the delayed flight on day 2. SAS have accepted the claim and paid up. 400 Euros.
I have now filed a seperate claim for the cancelled flight on day 1. SAS are refusing the claim on the grounds that it's a "duplicate claim" and has already been resolved.

Do I have any chance of winning this on the grounds that they are seperate incidents? Thoughts please?

Thank you.
You may have a chance for winning on the grounds of these being separate incidents, but you will have to escalate.

Assuming now that they are incidents on the same ticket number and ticket coupon, can’t say I’m surprised that they flagged it as a duplicate claim for an incident.