FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Investigating Theft of Personal and Financial Data
Old Oct 31, 2018, 5:29 am
binman

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Give up your BA GOLD card in protest.
Why? Its not earned flying BA (aside from some domestic sectors) and they wouldn't give a toss even if it was. They certainly didn't care in the summer when the extorted £900 plus from us to change a single ticket because their staff are incompetent and useless. It took 9 weeks to get the refund despite them being told from the outset exactly how to re price the changes.

Emerald on other one world better respected....

All that said given that I am a premium leisure customer my flights for next summer are booked with Start alliance. So the card may vanish anyway.

On the subject of data they emailed me on Saturday to tell me they had lost my credit card security code provided a few days earlier to pay the change fees on a redemption booking ......no apology nothing and the email was a string candidate for phishing email of the year. They are incompetent and if they were not protected by fortress Heathrow they would be dead in the water.