FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - PreCheck is a failure - is anybody surprised? [enrollment numbers fell short]
Old Oct 30, 2018, 7:42 am
FliesWay2Much
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by halls120
There isn't a Pre-check in Europe, but the lines move faster and more efficiently than they do in the US. Why is that?
Originally Posted by chollie
This. No barking and shouting, no expensive video screens and over-priced custom glass cabinets of 'do not take items', often a far greater number of folks who don't know the local language - yet somehow the lines consistently move more quickly and without the cumbersome disrobe/unpack/confiscate routine we go through here in the US. No one targeting black folks' hair (and bald scalps) for a rubdown, no freaking out over breast milk.

And everyone, not just people who pay extra, get that treatment.
I remember departing from FRA for IAD a couple of years ago. The line for the checkpoint for the North American gates was modestly long, but not insurmountable. All of a sudden, the big metal roll-up door at the end of the checkpoint opens up and the checkpoint instantly doubles in size -- stations and people. One of the screeners looks directly at me (I guess I was the closest passenger in line to him.) and says: "Right this way, sir. We're open."