FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Rewards Club Experiences 2018
Old Oct 30, 2018, 2:50 am
BarneyMcGrew

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de Actes Bénéfiques pour les Autres, BAEC Gold.
Holiday Inn London-Heathrow Ariel

Holiday Inn London-Heathrow Ariel - 118 Bath Road Heathrow London. Stay October 2018

What is your Priority Club status?
Spire Elite

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
For what I paid, yes.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
I booked a Standard Single and received an Executive Double.

How are the rooms?
Getting slightly dated nowadays, athough perfectly functional for a one night stay before flying out of LHR. The room was very clean and comfortable. It had a small fridge with various snacks in it although I never bothered with it. I recevied the customary complimentary bottles of water and chocolate bar. Ususal HI ungents in the bathroom.

How is the exec. lounge?
There isn't one.

What was good and what was bad?

I stayed here many years ago when it was a Forte Post House, and it has only had superficial updates since. However, it was clean, comfortable and ideal for an overnight pre-flight stay.

It is an odd shaped 'circular' hotel, built like a doughnut with an inner ring of standard rooms and the larger executive rooms and some bigger standard rooms are on the outer ring. Some of the south facing outer ring rooms on the higher floors have a decent view of the western end of the airport runways – ideal for aircraft spotters!

There is a large car park and providing you tap your car details in a reception, you get a free short period of parking – ideal to unload the hire car before returning it. The hotel is located at the end stop of the ‘free bus’ zone at Harlington Corner. Hence it is free to travel to/from the hotel/Heathrow Airport Bus station on red London Buses.

The food was passable and not overly expensive.

I was given the welcome points on checking in.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?

Yes, if flying in/out of Terminals 2&3 at LHR. I picked up the room for £42.40 on the Partner Rate 30% off so not bad value at all however room prices can be 'dynamic' ie they do fluctuate.

Last edited by BarneyMcGrew; Oct 30, 2018 at 3:50 am