FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Grand Hyatt Singapore REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (closed Sept 22) - reopens 2024?
Old Jul 23, 2004, 1:16 am
thezipper

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
Originally Posted by Patron
It goes without saying, that GH Singapore does not offer benefits for elite members as liberal as other Hyatt’s do (if a diamond card holder is very disappointed without club access, it will be worth considering which room to book in the near future). And at this place it is more important to negotiate at check in, if you are not a regular guest.

IMO main reasons for GP members choosing the GH Singapore are FFN, bonus points, need the stay for (re-qualification), redemption, etc.
IMHO... benefits are benefits.... if they don't provide them, the management should be called on the carpet to provid them, but it seems Mr Wallis doesnt have the time to do that...other than writing us letters to tell us how they are removing our Diamond benefits at international properties... Also, I shouldnt have to "negotiate" for benefits... I am entitled to the upgrade/lounge access as a Diamond, shouldnt have to fight for it. I do that as a Gold at Hilton...but then I don't have to stay 25 nights at Hilton to get lounge access with them... I'll stay at Conrad SIN in a heartbeat vs the GH in the future