FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Admirals Club rates increased, new restrictions: 1 Nov 2019
Old Oct 29, 2018, 2:24 pm
AAir_head

Programs: A: PP, LTG/1.5M | UA: SLV | Bonvoy LTTi | IHG PLT| Avis PC | Nat'l Emerald Club EE
Originally Posted by AAir_head
...So, yeah--now it makes some sense to get their friggin' card for the club membership and push my spend to it for the EQM. Apparently there's no comparable remaining option for the Barclay's EQD earning unless I'm missing it. The Aviator card is gone just as soon as we've met the requirement for EQD to post and have burned the companion certificate early next year. I think I see a Priority Pass membership in my future also...
Taking a wait-and-see approach on AC membership for now--we're paid through next summer anyway so there's no need to get the Citi card just yet. In the interim, have now pulled the trigger on SPG(-Marriott) AMEX Luxury card that I previously passed on--includes Priority Pass Select and a number of other benefits/incentives that will (for me) offset its $450 annual fee. AAviator Silver gets a full-stop on spend until current EQDs post, we burn the companion cert early in 2019, and AA/Barclays reveal the mysterious new perks/benefits that will excite everyone into keeping it--I suspect it will end up getting closed with the changes to EQD/EQM earning effective 1/2019.

If driving folks who pay their own way away from AAviator cards and AC membership is AA's objective, they're well on the way to success in my case.

cheers!