FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Alaska Lounge Refreshes
View Single Post
Old Oct 29, 2018, 2:10 pm
Eurynom0s

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
I never thought Priority Pass exclusion was primarily based on lounge capacity....too many half empty clubs with the sign out quickly proved that theory at least partially incorrect...this was an opportunity for AS and Priority Pass to go their separate ways and it was probably time. I'm still kinda surprised the other AS Lounges are still in the PP system....the lounge agents have got to be getting tired of putting out the "No PP" sign in the morning and then bringing it back in at closing time. Hopefully the Admiral's Club folks and the 4 or 5 flyers with AS Lounge memberships enjoy the "refresh".
The weird thing is it seems like they're actually not just leaving the sign out all but rather really micro-managing when they're out. Which I'm sure is even worse for the agents.

Recently at LAX I showed up and the sign was out, but they let me and another PP holder in—they were about to go take the sign in and just hadn't yet. Then it was back out when I left (no more than 30 minutes later).

And a couple of months ago at PDX, on the way to House Spirits Distillery, I saw that the Alaska Lounge had its "no PP sign out". Then on my way to Capers (couldn't have been more than 30 minutes later) to grab some food for the flight I saw that they had taken the sign. And then by the time I'd grabbed my food and walked back (I hadn't intended to try to be so greedy with my PP but my gate was literally right next to the lounge so I figured I'd grab another drink), they already had the sign back out.