FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - experiences of major guided tour companies
Old Oct 29, 2018, 1:21 pm
Efrem
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by itsme
In view of a recent experience traveling in India with a major guided tour company (Overseas Adventure Travel), I thought to come here to FlyerTalk to see what the experiences of others has been with them and comparable guided tour companies (Tauck; Abercrombie and Kent; etc.) To my surprise, I haven't come upon any threads about this topic, which I would think would have been discussed a number of times. Am I going about a search the wrong way, or has the topic just not been one that FTers have had occasion or interest in going into here?
Could you tell us a bit about what that experience was, or link to a trip report here about it?

I have a good friend who has taken 15-20 trips with OAT, returning from her most recent one (to South America; her second, or perhaps third, in 2018) three weeks ago. Most of these were with her late husband but the last few have been, for lack of that option, on her own or with a female friend. She is obviously quite pleased with them. I have no idea how universal that feeling is among OAT customers, but my wife and I are considering going to Japan with them next year, in part based on this friend's enthusiastic recommendation of the specific tour we would take. If there's another side, we'd like to know about it!