FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - experiences of major guided tour companies
Old Oct 29, 2018, 11:05 am
Bohemiana

Programs: AA, SWA, most hotel programs
Many years ago my husband and I used Gate 1 for a trip to Thailand. Gate 1 has BOTH guided and independent packages. We booked an independent package which only included round trip airfare and hotel for 7 nights in Bangkok. Actually, we found Gate 1 to be extremely flexible because they allowed us to extend our trip to return 28 days rather than 7. The hotel in Bangkok was fine and we actually met a few other Gate 1 customers like ourselves who were doing their own thing so we got together and took a few day trips with them. After our 7 nights in Bangkok we traveled around Thailand by train, ferry and cheap flights on our own. The package saved us a few hundred dollars compared to us booking our own flight. Actually, I'm looking to use them again this coming summer because I have to arrange a trip to Europe with my extended family and so far I'm having a heck of a time trying to coordinate affordable flights from various departure airports. We've never taken a guided package tour (well, nothing more than a 1-day guided trip) so I can't comment about that.

Last edited by Bohemiana; Oct 29, 2018 at 11:07 am Reason: add information