FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Baggage Guide
View Single Post
Old Oct 28, 2018, 11:45 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by jms_uk
Is it worth getting in touch with BA in advance to confirm [I normally travel HBO anyway, although this is one of the rare occasions where I'll be checking in one, possibly two bags - OWE for the second, if needed], or should I go back to QR and ask them to 'correct' this? Considering how long it took to get a ticket in the first place, I am a bit hesitant to do that.
For once, I'm not really sure what to suggest. I don't think BA will touch the ticket since it was issued by QR. And from what little I know about QR's customer service, I'm not sure I would want to ask them to reissue the ticket either. It may be fine on the day too - it may just be a display issue. What is the worst that can happen? You get asked to pay for the bags? And then I think you would be OK to claim the baggage fee back from BA (not QR) on the basis that you redemptions are not HBO / Basic tickets. An experienced agent would be able to see it is a redemption ticket and would hopefully know the score. I guess the other idea going through my head is if you do OLCI, at that point the ticket has fallen to BA's control, so if OLCI goes to a payment screen you can then call up and have a conversation with BAEC about it. If it was a WTP, CW, First or CE ticket then you would have an easier conversation.

I don't know if any of the QR forumites can add anything here? (Though mostly they don't seem to be QR members......)

This is assuming your Emerald number is definitely on the booking, though that is only part of the issue here, you may want to try removing it and reinserting it via the Finnair website.