FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Baggage Guide
View Single Post
Old Oct 28, 2018, 11:12 am
jms_uk

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
That is probably an IT glitch, I have seen it before in this forum for a Club World reservation, where there is no such thing as HBO, and it did cause some issues at check-in since whatever it was that was showing in MMB had its source in the reservation system used by check-in. Now I don't know how QR handle this, but if there is an e-ticket from them with a baggage allowance then that should be good enough to convince the check-in agent, so best print that out if that is the case. An experienced agent will be able to see that you're not on a Basic ticket and therefore would have a baggage allowance - the precise allowance being determined by the route, cabin and status of the passenger. But a pure redemption ticket on BA metal would have a baggage allowance of at least 1 bag at 23 kgs.
Thanks, c-w-s!

Went back to the QR ticket and it actually shows 0 baggage allowance

Same is on AY MMB, but if I look it up on RJ, I get this:

Is it worth getting in touch with BA in advance to confirm [I normally travel HBO anyway, although this is one of the rare occasions where I'll be checking in one, possibly two bags - OWE for the second, if needed], or should I go back to QR and ask them to 'correct' this? Considering how long it took to get a ticket in the first place, I am a bit hesitant to do that.