FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 10 hours layover in T5-First Class ticket
Old Oct 28, 2018, 8:27 am
flipper118

Programs: Accor Silver, HHonours Silver, Carlson Gold, BA Blue
Originally Posted by subject2load

Well you’ve certainly been given plenty of ideas (inc. some fun banter to & fro ....), and whatever you decide I hope you enjoy the overall experience.

I myself am firmly with all those FT-ers who are in little doubt that there are far better things to do than spend entire days in an airport waiting room - aka lounge ; but of course the ultimate choice is entirely yours.

Would just add one last thought of my own, and it’s prompted by your comment at the very start of the thread when you talked about getting your “money’s worth”. I do believe there’s often a big gap between hype and reality in terms any facility / service which might be at times portrayed (usually by the operator or supplier concerned !) as luxurious and uber-special, whether in the air or on the ground. Whilst pleasant places to kill a little time, not even the very best international airport lounges (and I doubt too many folk would consider BA’s as amongst them) could ever be categorised as seventh wonders of the world, and so as always perhaps worth managing expectations.

Best of luck and have a safe trip ^
Thanks for this, I understand most things are hyped to the max these days so disappointment is almost inevitable! I think Ill see how I get on in CCR and if boredom consumes me Il head out to meet a friend in RBKC, hopefully making it back in time for my flight