FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Baggage Guide
View Single Post
Old Oct 28, 2018, 7:45 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by jms_uk
My apologies if the question wasn’t clear - flight is on BA metal (booked using QR points) and it shows as HBO in BA MMB.
That is probably an IT glitch, I have seen it before in this forum for a Club World reservation, where there is no such thing as HBO, and it did cause some issues at check-in since whatever it was that was showing in MMB had its source in the reservation system used by check-in. Now I don't know how QR handle this, but if there is an e-ticket from them with a baggage allowance then that should be good enough to convince the check-in agent, so best print that out if that is the case. An experienced agent will be able to see that you're not on a Basic ticket and therefore would have a baggage allowance - the precise allowance being determined by the route, cabin and status of the passenger. But a pure redemption ticket on BA metal would have a baggage allowance of at least 1 bag at 23 kgs.