FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Como Uma Paro & Como Uma Punakha, Bhutan
View Single Post
Old Oct 27, 2018, 7:34 am
PapaNico

@mad07 : I have the Como recipe for Ema Datshi if you want! it's pretty easy actually They have even given me some dry chilies to do it at home!

@bhrubin : I haven't been to Aman myself, but I can echo DSI comments from what i've researched pre-trip (I was hesitating between Aman and COMO).
The food being better at COMO and the fact that some Aman lodges only has communal tables was a big reason for me choosing COMO.
Aman has 5 lodges in Bhutan though, if you prefer to see more of the country. My wife hates changing hotels often, so for me it was not a plus but maybe for others it could be interesting.

My guide was working for Aman before and she said regular guests prefered COMO usually (but I would have been surprised if she had told me the opposite considering she works for como!)

Normal rooms at COMO seems rather small though, I would really recommend a villa if you could. They are somewhat more expensive than aman regular rooms, but not by much if you consider they are stand-alone villas.

Six Senses is opening 3 lodges soon (paro, punakha and thimphu) and 2 others to follow, but they were closed when I was there.